Sept 21 – Oct 2, 2020 Kauai YogAlign Posture Educator Certification
September 21 @ 8:00 am - October 2 @ 5:00 pm HST
Come to beautiful Kauai Hawaii withYogAlign creator Michaelle Edwards at her home studio located near the town of Hanalei. This ten day YogAlign Posture Educator course runs from Sept 21- Oct 2, 2020. Students will spend two weeks in Kauai with the weekend of Sept 26 and 27 free time. Students should arrive by Sunday Sept 20th. ( see information on available shared housing below)
This YogAlign posture educator course is a science based somatic approach to neuromuscular re-patterning for aligned posture and global body awareness. Using breath based realignment tools and functional body positions, participants will gain the techniques to change posture at the nervous system level and gain the skills to help clients become comfortable, aligned, fit and pain-free.
Learn how to use focused resistance breathing techniques to align the spine and tone the core. In this course, you will deepen your understanding of the anatomy of the human body and learn how to teach it to others in a feeling based, so you can create naturally aligned, pain-free posture and the ability to stay that way naturally and automatically.
- YogAlign certification courses have a focus on optimizing postural alignment; a major determinant of mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- How to master and teach the YogAlign resistance breathing techniques for a solid dynamic core and pain-free life
- Use self massage to increase circulation, kinesthetic awareness and improve the cortical or ‘body map’ stored in our brain
- Understand natural alignment of the human body, honoring the natural curves of the spine and moving from core center
- Use YogAlign techniques to streamline all movements of daily life and any sport or activity
- Learn to teach people of any age and fitness level providing them with self-help tools that work quickly and painlessly
- Rewire posture and movement globally at the nervous system level for balanced movements and pain-free living
- Release the ‘issues in the tissues’, deeply help traumas, tension and negative emotions
- Focus on agility and strength and avoid compartmentalized fitness and stretching routines
- Learn how to analyze any yoga pose or fitness exercise for safety and effectiveness
- How to sit, stand and move better in real life using the YogAlign alignment techniques
- Muscle, bone and fascia anatomy from a global perspective
- Teaching YogAlign to to alleviate chronic pain or muscular/skeletal joint degeneration related to postural imbalances
- Each YogAlign teacher training includes a teaching practicum where students practice working one on one with each other and then with a client for one or several sessions (The ability to lead a group yoga class will develop as one gains experience by first instructing people privately one on one)
- How to use verbal and physical cues to assist people to move towards aligned posture and safe yoga or stretching
- Getting private clients and building your YogAlign Posture Educator business
The YogAlign posture educator course is open to anyone interested in correcting posture imbalances using a dynamic focused breathing practice. Body workers, physical & massage therapists, yoga, dance, movement, and fitness educators and all ages and fitness levels are welcome to attend the course.
Pre-requisites: Read Chapter 1- 8 of YogAlign, Pain-free Yoga from your inner core before Sept 21. After payment for the course, all participants will be emailed an ebook or mailed a physical copy of the book.
All participants are required to complete some basic muscle and bone anatomy worksheets before the start date of the course. This will assist people in learning the (parts) of the body although focus on the course will be in understanding the global continuities and how the body moves as a whole. Worksheets will be emailed after payment for the course is received.
Participants are encouraged to purchase the Essential Anatomy 5 app for their Ipad, lap-top or other device. Alternative is to buy a copy of the Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel.
The 10 day course runs Monday to Fridays during the two week time period the course is held from Sept 21- Oct 2, 2020. ( weekend of Sept 26 and 27 is free time) Sign up now as this certification is limited to 15 people and has sold out in the past. Accommodations and food are separate. Shared housing is available in a beautiful townhome 5 minutes from the studio. You must arrive on Sept 20 and the town home is reserved through the evening of Saturday October 3, checking out on Sunday October 4. The upscale luxury townhomes large kitchens for cooking, and spacious living and dining area. Each student will have their own private room and private bath. Property also includes a fitness room, salt water swimming pool, jacuzzi and convenient location close to shopping, beaches, walking paths etc. Students usually share a car for transport during the course. The private room with bath is $76 USD per night. Please email Michaelle for more information on accommodations and transportation. Housing payments must be received by July 15th.
Course is $1700 with a $250 discount to $1450 if paid in full by July 15, 2020. To confirm your participation in the course, make payment here.